Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First impression of Fluxbuntu 7.10.


After waiting for one month (since RC release) I downloaded RC iso of Fluxbuntu 7.10 Gutsy. As expected the CD was not booting from the cdrom drive (there is a bug). I copied the iso on a spare partition and used the method to install from iso given here

I added Firefox but it was not added to Menu even after "sudo update-menus", howver, I could put Fireox icon on the Desktop linking it to the application.

My first observation is "it is not very lighweight" distribution. In fact it is heavier than running Fluxbox on Ubuntu Dapper. Perhaps that is the reason why it is not reaching the "Final" release stage.

kagashe

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...