Monday, February 18, 2013

Ubuntu 12.04.2 has new Linux Kernel.

Ubuntu 12.04.2 has been shipped with Linux Kernel 3.5.0-23. I have downloaded the iso for Ubuntu 12.04.2 and running it now from USB disk.
Typing uname -a in the terminal gives:
Linux ubuntu 3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 25 17:15:33 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I am having some issues on my Laptop running updated Ubuntu 12.04 like it hangs but pressing ctrl+alt+f1 opens a terminal in which I can reboot. Sometimes the Keyboard too does not work and I long press the power key.

I didn't find any issue running the Laptop on USB disk, therefore, I upgraded the kernel on installed Ubuntu 12.04. The command is:
sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-quantal xserver-xorg-lts-quantal

This also upgraded Xorg.

I am happy on Linux Kernel 3.5 and removed Linux Kernel 3.2 completely with headers.

You can read all about Kernel/LTS Enablement  stack on this page.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...