Tuesday, November 15, 2016

How to unzip the password protected zip archive.

Today I received TDS Certificate pdf file from IDFC Bank which was inside password protected zip folder.

I could not extract the file on Ubuntu 16.04 and also on Windows 10.

Then I tried unzip command and got the following error:
unsupported compression method 99
After googling the error I learnt that I required latest version of p7zip-full(version 16.02) whereas the available version on Ubuntu 16.04 is 9.20.

I installed the latest version as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install p7zip-full
If you use Windows you can get latest p7zip from this link.




No comments:

Creating signed Form 15H file using pdftk and Drive app.

 I had invested in NCDs because there was no TDS on interest income on NCD. But from the current FY 2023-24 there is TDS on interest on NCD....