Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Cashless Transactions since Nov 8 2016

I was already using paytm since Feb 2015 for Mobile Recharge then in Oct 2015 I did online shopping on it. In Jan 2016 I paid first electricity bill on it. During the year 2016 I used freecharge or paytm for payment of electricity bill. Then Mother Dairy introduced paytm on milk booths and I was first customer using paytm on nearby Mother Dairy Booth. I had also used Debit and Credit cards for online transactions and shopping for many years.
In short I was fully ready for cashless transactions when old currency was banned on Nov 8 2016. I happily used paytm or credit card wherever acceptable.
I grabbed UPI ID userid@icici when it was offered by ICICI Bank and ready for UPI Transactions.
I downloaded BHIM android app and got mobileno@upi ID also.
This worked very well for ICICI Bank.
My other Bank Account is in BOB but I was not using Mobile Banking on it since the registered mobile no was on ordinary mobile phone.
I tried *99# service on this phone by got Transaction declined message. I called their 1800223344 no and after waiting for long I could talk to customer care person and he told me to activate mobile banking through their ATM. I did it through Net Banking and got m-pin. After 4 hours I could use *99# system on ordinary mobile phone and could transfer money through it to my ICICI Bank.
I am now looking forward to use BHIM app on my smart phone and *99# on ordinary phone for online and offline shopping instead of paytm.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...